5 months ago
Assistant Estimator - Construction
Salary DEO + Car Allowance
This is more than just a job; this is an amazing opportunity to build a career in construction with a leading main contractor. Specialising in the industrial, retail and logistics sectors we have an opportunity for an Assistant Estimator to join a fast-paced and vibrant team. The office is only 30 minutes from Liverpool St, London on the train and is on the main bus route.
You must be able to understand detailed drawings and can consider the method, risk, and sequence of works in the preparation of each tender. This would be an ideal role for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or anyone that has completed a Construction Management BTEC/HNC or HND or graduated in Quantity or Building Surveying.
This role will be to assist in preparing tenders initial enquiry to submission including:
- Analysing tender documentation to generate required supply chain enquires
- Issuing of enquiries to sub-contractors for project-specific packages
- Developing good working relationships with the supply chain
- Carry out take-offs from drawings to produce accurate quantities for pricing
- Scrutinising bill of quantities to ensure it accurately summarises the project
- Comparisons of sub-contract quotations and forming the basis of the contractor's proposals
- Present cost comparisons to Senior Estimator for review
- Attending tender interviews with the client as required
- Attending sites to carry out surveys - Full UK driving license required
- Working closely alongside other pre-construction departments
What is in it for you?
Career development with the support of staff through the further and higher education process with day release to College and University. In addition, you will be offered an excellent starting salary, 26 days holiday plus bank holiday, private health, car allowance, free parking, and modern offices.