£27000 - £31000 per annum + + car allowance, pension, private health
about 1 month ago
Assistant Estimator - Construction
£27,000 - £31,000 + Car Allowance
7.30 am - 5.30 pm Mon - Thurs and 7.30 am - 4 pm Friday
This is more just a job; this is an amazing opportunity to build a career in construction with a leading main contractor. Specialising in the industrial, retail and logistics sectors we have an opportunity for 2 Assistant Estimators to join a fast-paced and vibrant team.
If you have completed or are in the process of completing a BTEC HNC/HND or a Degree in a Construction related course we want to hear from you. This could be in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering or Construction Management. You must be able to understand detailed drawings and the ability to consider method, risk and sequence of works in the preparation of each tender.
This role will be to assist in preparing tenders initial enquiry to submission including:
- Analysing tender documentation to generate required supply chain enquires, tender queries and tender strategy
- Issuing of enquiries to sub-contractors for project-specific packages
- Developing good working relationships with the supply chain
- Carry out take-offs from drawings to produce accurate quantities for pricing
- Scrutinising bill of quantities to ensure it accurately summarises the project
- Comparisons of sub-contract quotations and forming the basis of the contractor's proposals
- Present cost comparisons to Senior Estimator for review
- Attending tender interviews with the client as required
- Attending sites to carry out surveys - Full UK driving license required
- Working closely alongside other pre-construction departments
What is in it for you?
Career development with the support of staff through the further and higher education process with day release to College and University. Encouragement to achieve professional chartered status with relevant bodies including the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE).
In addition, you will be offered an excellent starting salary, 26 days holiday plus bank holiday, private health, car allowance, free parking and modern offices.