£20000 - £25000 per annum + + benefits
4 months ago
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£18,000 - £25,000
Milton Keynes village location Monday - Friday 8.30am -5.00pm
A thriving residential house developer is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team that are passionate about bringing developments to life. You will assist the Quantity Surveyor to deliver projects on time and on budget with sustainability and an environmentally build process in mind.
Passion, creativity, collaboration and a keen eye for detail is essential as you will be working with site managers, finance and design teams getting involved with negotiation and forecasting costs. If you are thinking about starting a career in construction we are happy to hear form you but you must be prepared to study.
Job Responsibilities will Include:
- Assisting in CVR reporting
- Assisting with procurement of contractors and materials and the associated documentation
- Creating cash flow forecasts
- Assisting Cost/Commercial management including signing off valuations and invoices
- Managing Subcontract Payments
- Management and organisation of the Hire process
- Registering and managing the utilities connection process
Previous Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to read and understand technical detail drawings
- Degree or HNC qualified (Desirable)
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate our key competencies:
- Build effective working relationships
- Maintain high energy and enthusiasm
- Ensure business and customer awareness remains a priority
- Ability to work autonomously
As a valued team member, you will need to show good team ethic and work closely with peers ensuring that time-lines are met by yourself and the department. Ability to read and understand Technical Detail and drawings and ability to negotiate with internal and external customers is key.
Employees benefit from a bonus scheme, company pension, quarterly social events and continuous personal development.