Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£65000 - £70000 per annum + + car allowance, pension, private health
about 1 month ago
CONTRACTS MANAGER - Industrial & Commercial
Up to 70k PAYE + Car Allowance
About the company:
A highly successful and progressive main contractor who specialise in industrial and commercial warehouse projects are seeking an ambitious and talented Contracts Manager to join the team. This is an office-based role, attending sites as required, you will join the commercial and design teams on projects up to £20 million reporting to the Contracts Director.
About the role:
The nature of the projects will be industrial units comprising of steel frame, metal cladding, Category A fit-out and external works including civils & drainage.
- Manage the pre-construction of each project ensuring sites are ready to start on time
- Arrange adequate resources for project delivery, safety and standards of work
- Review contract documents/design to ensure compliance
- Producing contract and detailed programmes for the site team to work to
- Produce the monthly progress report from a standard template and obtain all required information for this to be produced
- Chairing monthly progress meetings with the client's team, and presenting the contractor's report
- Liaising with the design team to ensure deadlines are met to suit construction sequence, attending design team/subcontractor meetings as required, including producing minutes for distribution
- Liaising with services network providers to coordinate their works prior to starting on site
- Provide solutions to queries on site
- Review construction RAMS
- Ensure the high standards set by PCL are maintained across your sites
What you need to succeed:
Be a strong team player with an ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines. Previous experience managing multiple sites as a contracts manager and working for a design & build contractor. Competent I.T skills, experience in Asta Power Project beneficial. Relevant Health & Safety qualifications to the role but including CSCS & SMSTS.
25 days holiday + bank (5 to be taken over Xmas), private medical, pensions scheme, life assurance schemes, bonus scheme, and regular team-building events including a Xmas party.