£375 - £400 per day
25 days ago
Health & Safety Advisor - Norwich
Venture Contracts are working with a highly respected provider of safety services within the UK and Internationally.
Supporting several major clients as well as grass-root companies, Academies and Schools, our client has an enviable performance record and an established and growing reputation for higher than usual standards.
They pride themselves on their robust systems that are effectively and proportionately managed by their professional and highly competent staff.
Due to a project win within the construction sector, they now require a Health and Safety Advisor to work 3-5 days on client site based in Norwich.
The purpose of the role is to provide consistent and relevant support and guidance in relation to health and safety matters across the project. This role will require an advisor who has recent experience in major gas pipe diversions, who can confidently assess and advise confidently to the main client. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders, with technical guidance, advise and assurance on all Health and Safety matters. You will be an integral part of the team when onsite supporting and delivering with continuous improvement points, in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
The role you'd play
- Advise and support the effective delivery of all HSQE matters.
- Support and promote the main client health & safety culture.
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are fit for purpose and assist to continue to deliver works safely and effectively.
- Coordinate and maintain the internal audit programme and associated HSE documentation.
- Develop new and manage all existing HS policies and associated procedures, systems and records from an advisory position.
- Support or lead with accident investigation.
- Apply technical or specialist knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness.
- Review and comment on business documentation e.g. accident investigation, safety communications, method statements risk assessment, procedures, method statements, training courses etc.
- Assist and support to improve performance.
What you'd bring
- Experience of construction Health and Safety including utilities
- Working knowledge of gas pipe diversions on a main client site
- Ideally a strong utility background
We'd like you to have experience in the following:
- Recent experience working with companies including or similar to Cadent, National Grid, Wales & West Utilities and SGN.
- Inspection work across sites
- Investigation into accidents, near misses, etc
- Formulation of procedures & RAMS (Risk Assessment & Method Statement)
- Development of HSQE Communications
- Coaching and mentoring operational management teams.
You will hold;
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Professional member of IOSH, IEMA or similar
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, then please contact Claire on 07710564390 or send your CV