£23500 - £24375 per annum + + benefits
about 1 month ago
Handy Man/Maintenance Assistant
£24,375.00 per annum + 34 days holiday
Mon - Fri 37.5 hours a week
We are delighted to be working with a charity that is looking for a Maintenance Assistant to manage small projects within the residential care home. You will be joining a passionate team that work closely together to ensure that the property is maintained to the highest of standards. As a Maintenance Assistant, you will need to be responsive to a variety of requests for repairs and general maintenance of the building and grounds, fixings, fittings, and equipment. Qualified contractors will be used for all electrical and major plumbing but an understanding, knowledge, or experience of a wide range of building trades would be.
- Carrying out all general maintenance tasks and basic repairs, including basic electrical i.e. PAT testing, basic plumbing, joinery, and general building tasks inside and outside the Home.
- Responsible for specific Health and Safety duties, including monthly checks on emergency lighting systems, water temperatures, wheelchair maintenance etc
- Providing out of hours emergency only calls if required
- Good understanding of the building and its equipment
- Able to work on own initiative
- Must maintain a positive relationship with all the residents, family visitors and colleagues
- Be able to work alongside and liaise with outside contractors
- Be able to plan tasks but also adapt to changes in daily schedules need arises
- Work alongside colleagues and their needs
- Ensure equipment and supplies are stored in a safe and tidy manner
As part of COVID 19 you will be required to undertake vaccinations and any subsequent boosters required unless you have a medical exemption. For safeguarding reasons, a candidate will have to undergo a DBS disclosure and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.