£38000 - £48000 per annum + + car allowance
7 months ago
Construction Project Manager
Salary negotiable PAYE + excellent benefits package
As the Project Manager for a main contractor who are a leading specialist in industrial, logistics and retail parks you will be responsible for the overall project. Planning, scheduling, resource allocation, cost management, time management, contract administration and safety management.
Offering a nationwide service to clients that they have formed lasting relationships with ideally you will have experience managing projects ranging in value from £5-£50 million. Experience with mega sheds, large distribution centres or logistic parks would be a strong advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants
- Utilising resources including labour, materials and equipment ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed
- Develop your team and the objectives/goals and assign individual responsibilities
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget and minimising risk
- Ensure that construction activities move according to schedule
- Devise the project programme and make modifications as and when the need arises
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and labourers
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards including regular site inspection
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
You must have effective time management and logical decision-making ability with an ability
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- First Aid