£1 - £2 per annum + neg
3 months ago
Quantity Surveyor - Northampton - Temp to Perm
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate "bringing a development to life" by delivering projects on budget with creative solutions and sustainability in mind. The Quantity Surveyor position within the commercial team is a challenging and diverse role. You will influence site budgets, liaise with suppliers and make key decisions regarding the procurement of labour and materials. Collaboration is also key to the success of this role. You will work very closely with our site management, finance and design teams and own the reporting of key costs incurred across multiple sites. It is important you have a keen eye for detail, can forecast costs and enjoy negotiating with suppliers. It is a unique blend of skills required but a very rewarding role.
- Working closely with the MD and Contracts Manager, improve cost effectiveness and ensure timely delivery of projects whilst providing cost advice on any aspect of the build as and when required.
- Develop a close relationship with the site teams and a detailed knowledge of the live sites by maintaining a visible site presence, ensuring all developments are visited regularly and attending site meetings as required.
- Working with the MD and FD, maintain budgets for developments, assist in the preparation of site budgets and undertake site valuations.
- Have responsibility for processing all contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders including payments, variation orders and day works.
- Produce tender packs for all projects, review tenders and produce summary reports for the MD and FD with recommendations as to which subcontractors and supply chain to work with
- Continually evaluate and liaise with subcontractors in order to ensure sufficient resources are available and assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to CE or other variations
- Assist the MD in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work
- Previous experience in a similar role within residential housebuilding
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience managing external clients as well as in-house developments in a commercial environment
- A reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment; be totally comfortable working in a team environment; and possess the creativity, commercial expertise, and commitment to successfully play an important role with the commercial and site teams.
- A degree or higher education course which is accredited by the Institution for Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- A track record in working within a successful team which would include profit maximisation, robust financial, commercial acumen and a good understanding of risk
- Strong knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and experience with MS Office
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
- hold a full UK drivers licence
- Previuse experince and references
To apply for this poistion please send over your full Cv and Scott will be looking after this role.