£55000 - £60000 per annum + + car allowance, pension, life assurance
4 months ago
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£55,000 - £60,000 p/a company car, 33 days holiday excellent benefits package
Northampton & Buckingham
Are you a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you have experience working for a main contractor? Do you want to work for a business where you will be supported in personal development and ensuring a progressive career?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a main contractor who secures public sector projects building schools, hospitals, care homes and medical centres. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is focused on delivering the highest standards of sustainability, integrity, and social responsibility.
- Prepare project valuations, variations, and final accounts in accordance with the contract/client requirements
- Check sub-contractor, supplier, and consultant applications
- Ensure payments are received/made on the due dates
- Assist the project team in the production of and meeting or exceeding project targets
- Produce procurement schedules
- Negotiate and manage subcontractor and consultant packages
- Prepare accurate monthly cash flow projections, financial reports, and forecasts
- Negotiate settlement of variations / final accounts
- Consider and review commercial strategies and identify commercial issues
- Manage all non-recoverable project costs
- Good working knowledge of JCT and NEC suite of contracts
- Good communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of two-stage tendering
*Ideally you will have commercial or main contractor background to be considered for this role.
Benefits include market-leading pension scheme, life assurance, occupational health, and employee assist scheme.