£45000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Setting Out Engineer
Mon - Fri 7.30 am - 5.30 pm
An ongoing freelance or temp to perm opportunity to join a groundwork's and civils contractor to work on a large retail project in Newbury is available. Experience in setting out on large groundwork's / RC Frame projects is preferable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setting out the works in line with the Construction Programme
- Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to engineers, the right choice of survey methodology, equipment, software as required
- Liaise with consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project
- Maintenance of survey equipment including calibrations, periodical checks
- Ensuring the ongoing implementation of effective management controls and assisting with the implementation and ongoing development of effective Quality, Environment, Safety and Health systems
- Preparation of Method Statements and Risk Assessments in a productive and timely manner, whilst maintaining a vigilant focus on Risk with respect to H&S and commercial aspects
- Ensure required Setting Out is undertaken in a timely manner using Leica equipment to progress effectively
- Provide material quantity requirements to Works Manager/Section Agent to enable timely delivery of required materials.
The ideal candidate we are looking for will have strong leadership skills and has a passion for keeping people safe. Customer-focused and the ability to build relationships.is essential.
Must be degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering with a valid CSCS Card and SMSTS qualified. KIT provided.